A Simple, Biblical and Practical Strategy for Disciple-Making
Making disciples involves two key principles: REACHING and TEACHING. Jesus told His disciples to “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” (Matthew 28:19-20).
Baptizing involves reaching unbelievers with the gospel. We do this by exploring the mission field in front of us (where we live, work and play), engaging others through prayer and biblical good works, and evangelizing by sharing the complete gospel story of Creation, the Fall, Redemption, and Restoration.
Teaching involves establishing new believers on a firm foundation of faith and biblical doctrine (all that Jesus commanded), and equipping them through the local church as kingdom workers, who will in turn make disciples of all the nations.
ATCM focuses on what it means to truly be HIS. He does the work. We make ourselves available.
· His Harvest (Explore where God has put you.)
· His Heart (Engage through praying for your neighbors and co-workers.)
· His Glory (Engage through biblical good works.)
· His Salvation (Evangelize by sharing your story and the complete gospel.)
· His Disciple (Establish new believers through personal discipleship.)
· His Church (Equip through the local church, to reproduce disciple-makers.)